Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4 – 8th. Even though we are homeschooling, Teachers deserve all the thank you’s and appreciation, as they always do. We all see how hard they work now that we have become homeschooling “teachers.”
Let’s celebrate them the way they deserve.
Only Need an Email:
- Electronic Gift Card– Send an e-card to your teacher using their email
- Department stores so they can get something for themselves– Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, etc.
- Discount stores to help get supplies for the next year — Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
- Self-care — nail salon, spa, hair salon, etc.
- Dinning– Their favorite restaurant, Starbucks, etc.
- Amazon Wish List– Search your teachers name under the wish list, see if they have anything listed and pick a item or a few to send them. If you go this route, the address, is in Amazon so you won’t have to ask them for it.
If you feel comfortable asking for your teacher’s address, these would be cute, special ideas to really make them feel loved.
- Thank You Parade: Drive-by your teacher’s house, blasting music, holding thank you signs, etc.
- Food Delivery: Send them a meal from their favorite restaurant.
- Send Flowers
Most classes are doing Zoom classes at this point, so here are some ways so show your teacher how much you love them over Zoom.
- Background Picture– Have everyone in your class change their background picture. It could either be something simple that says Thank you. Or could be a picture of child and their teacher.
- Thank You Sign– Have the kids make a Thank you sign and hold it up at the end of the call.
- Sing– For younger kids, did your teacher teach them songs? Have the kids sing one of their favorites.
Have the kids make a card/write a thank you note and upload/send it to your teacher when you upload your child’s work.
Hope these ideas you appreciate your teacher! Let me know if you use any of these.