We all have been there . . . buying too many banana’s. Sure, they are only $1.49 for a huge bunch at Costco. Sure, you start the week eating them pretty rapidly but there are always a few stranglers that no one wants. Those ripe bananas make for perfect moist delicious muffins. Follow these steps for the perfect kid-approved banana muffins.
First, pre-heat oven to 350º.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of room temperature butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 1/2 cups overflowing of sour cream
- 3/4 cups of walnuts (optional)
Prep muffin pans with non-sticking spray or cupcake liners
In a large bowl, (I used my kitchen aid) sift flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Set aside.
Then, in a small bowl, mash the bananas adding the teaspoon of milk to help with the fluffiness
Add the butter to the large bowl stir for about 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla.
Finally mix in bananas, sour cream and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
Fill muffin pan adding remaining walnuts to top of muffins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes for mini muffins and 20-22 minutes for regular sized muffins. Timing ranges depending on oven. Keep an eye on them, when they are golden brown. The mini-sized muffins are the perfect size for small children’s hands.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in a air tight zip lock bag or container.
Comment below if you make these. What did you think? Did you make any substations? Can’t wait to hear from you.
4 thoughts on “Delicious Banana Muffins”
Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, this sounds absolutely amazing!
xoxo Simone | https://beautymone.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Have you tried them? I am going to make them again tomorrow.
BEST banana muffins ever! The recipe is very light compared to a traditional dense muffin, almost cake-like. I added a dash of cinnamon and used pecans instead of walnuts. All the ingredients were items I already had in stock and this is a great way to ‘up-cycle’ ripe bananas for a quick breakfast or dessert. Highly recommended for beginner bakers.
Thank you for such an awesome review. Glad you enjoyed them. Next time I make these I will add some cinnamon, sounds like a nice addition.