Who doesn’t love a good old taco?
It’s even better when it’s Tuesday and you have Taco’s! Let’s make it a healthy option for the parents anyway . . .
- Ground beef (amount depends on how much you will need for your family, I wing it)
- Taco seasoning (I used the Trader Joe’s option. It comes in a packet. I used what I needed and stored it in a zip lock bag.)
- One can of chopped tomatoes
- One can of corn
- Half an onion
- One Pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- A cup of fresh or frozen broccoli
- Half a zucchini
- A cup of eggplant
- Taco shells — make sure to read instructions on box, you might have to heat the shells.
- A cup of shredded cheddar cheese
I use 2 pans to make this dish. Most kids are extremely picky and won’t eat all these delicious vegetables. So here is how I did it, in a medium pan, spray Pam cooking spray. Add the onion, peppers and corn. Once that is cooked to your liking, add the beef. Cook until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning. This batch is for the kids so use the seasoning sparingly. Add 1/4 of a cup to the cheese to the mix, let the cheese melt a little.
Fill taco shells for the kids. Keeping the extra meat mixture in the pan. Add the other vegetables to the mix. Plus add more seasoning to make the tacos more to the adults liking. I brake up a shell and put in the mixture so there is the delicious crunch we all crave. Scope the taco vegetable mixture onto the plate. Serve with sour cream, avocado, lettuce, etc. It’s a low calorie comprise so you can still enjoy taco Tuesday.
You will have a yummy meal both you and your kids will enjoy and crave.
Try this for you next taco Tuesday and comment below how it turned out. Can’ wait to hear from you!