April Fool’s Day . . . a fun, harmless day of pranks. I complied a list of April Fool’s to play on your kids, spouse, friends, co-workers, really anyone you want to prank.
- Food color in the toilet’s water. What kid wouldn’t love toilet colored water? Not only would they love, it’s by far one of the easiest pranks ever.
- The freezer makes the best partner when it comes to pranking your kids. You can freeze all your child’s favorites the night before, like bowl of cereal with a spoon in it, a cup full of juice/milk, snacks. The possibilities are endless. . .
- Goggly eyes on everything in your child’s lunch box, the fridge, the pantry, anything and everything.
- Bug out! Put a fake plastic bug in your child’s drink, food or inside of a lamp so you see a shadow of a bug.
- Loose your car! The night before April Fool’s Day, park your car around the corner, not easily seen by your child. Freak out when you realize your car is missing.
- Give school age children play money to buy their lunch. If you go this route, make sure to tuck some cash in the backpack/wallet so they aren’t left hungry.
- Convince him/her your parents are coming to visit for a month– and staying with you.
- Declare you have found your latest baby. Tell him about this adorable animal you just couldn’t leave at the shelter. Then show him the picture and it’s a wolf.
- Tell him you misplaced . . . um . . . lost your engagement ring.
- Hide a large fake bug or mouse, scream, jump up and down pointing at the disgusting creature.
- Offer to buy his favorite fast food on your way home. Fill the fast food bag with healthy food like broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, etc.
- For far away friends, I post something monumental on Facebook. In previous years, I said I was moving back to NJ and got a tattoo.
- Have friends coming over that day? Tape the sensor on the remote so they won’t be able to change the channels.
- Give a friend a frozen glass of wine.
- Bring a delicious treat . . .an empty box of donuts with a sign inside that says: Got You! Happy April Fool’s Day!
Keep in Mind:
- Never do anything mean, keep the person’s feeling in mind. Always think would you want this prank pulled on you?
- Don’t tell your kids they are going to Disney, or anything amazing like that, if you aren’t. That’s just mean.
- Don’t ever say you are pregnant. That’s the worst joke you can play especially since you never know what someone is going through.